Hello my sweet blog readers, it’s been a while, but I’m back to say hi and let you know I’m still here. Life has gotten a bit crazy for me lately (ever been there?), and I’ll post about that later. But when I heard that I would have the opportunity to offer you a deal on The Big Book of Homeschool Ideas AND let you know why I chose to participate in writing this book, AND do a giveaway, I had to get in on it. Because you know I love good deals and I love homeschooling!
The Big Book of Homeschool Ideas: Finances, Traditions, and GIVEAWAYS
First of all, I authored a couple of chapters for The Big Book of Homeschool Ideas because I want to help others on their homeschool journeys. And I wrote about a couple of topics that I am particularly passionate about – finances and capturing memories.
Making the First Day of Homeschool Special
We all see those first day of school pictures all over Facebook and Pinterest every year for those kids going back to traditional school. But starting homeschool (for the first time and every year) should be a special day for homeschool kids too! I love making traditions of simple things we can do year after year. This helps our children, and us moms, develop fond memories of our homeschool years. In my chapter in The Big Book of Homeschool Ideas, I share ideas for simple and easy things you can do to make the first day of homeschool special. Check it out and be inspired! You may even find some things you want to do now, even though your school year has already begun. It’s not too late to begin fun traditions with your kids!
How to Make a Homeschool Budget and Stick To It!
Managing finances well is a topic close to my heart. And for our family, as well as many others, managing finances well is closely tied to homeschooling. We are able to homeschool because we have been on a budget and managed our finances well for years. Had we not started The Dave Ramsey financial plan years ago, our family would not have the option to homeschool. So I am passionate about helping others with their finances. My chapter in The Big Book of Homeschool Ideas about budgets walks you through how to create a homeschool budget and stick to it. It’s not as hard or scary as it sounds. Just take baby steps and commit to it and you can do it!
I’ve decided to give away a copy of Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover AND The Graduate’s Survival Guide. These are fantastic resources to help you on your financial journey. And if you have an up and coming graduate, you want them to start out with sound financial decisions. The Graduate’s Survival Guide will help get them started on the right path to financial success. Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter.
The Big Book of Homeschool Ideas is now on sale
So now for the deal! You can get The Big Book of Homeschool Ideas right now for only $8.99. This book is packed with goodness for homeschool families. Get your copy today before the price goes back up! This deal is only available until November 10, 2014.
And guess what?! iHomeschoolNetwork is giving away 10 copies of the bundle that includes 23 MP3s from the iHomeschool Studio and The Big Book of Homeschool Ideas. Go enter to win. But don’t wait to see if you are a winner! If you win and you already have the items, iHN will immediately reimburse you.
And make sure you visit my fellow iHomeschoolNetwork bloggers for more homeschool inspiration and giveaways! But these giveaways are only open through the end of this month, just a few more days to enter!
Yesterday, Mama Jenn from Mama Jenn wrote about Homeschooling Twins. Jenn will be giving away an Education Cubes Set (membership AND cubes/photo blocks).
And tomorrow, Amy Maze from Living and Learning at Home, will post about her chapters on Free eBooks and Audiobooks.
There is a full line-up for The Big Book of Homeschool Ideas Blog Tour. See all the bloggers listed below with their topics and visit iHomeschoolNetwork for all the details. All the giveaways are open until the end of this month. So make sure you go back and visit the other blogs that posted earlier this month.
- October 1 – Heather Woodie from Blog, She Wrote. Author of the chapters Teaching Geography with Geography Quests, Teaching Sewing in Homeschool, and Being a Homeschooling Mentor Rather Than an Instructor.
- October 2 – Stephanie Harrington from Harrington Harmonies. Author of the chapters Everything You Need to Know About Gardening and You CAN Teach Art. Stephanie will be giving away a Teaching Art Basketful of Goodies.
- October 3 – Joan Otto from Unschool Rules. Author of the chapter Learning from Video Games. Joan will be giving away a $20 GameStop gift card.
- October 4 – Mary Prather from Homegrown Learners. Author of the chapter How to Teach with LEGO. Mary will be giving away free LEGO scripture copywork.
- October 5 – Amy Stults from Milk and Cookies. Author of the chapters Learning with Maps and Genealogy for Kids. Amy will be giving away a copy of WonderMaps from Bright Ideas Press.
- October 6 – Eva Varga from EvaVarga.net. Author of the chapters How to Use Postage Stamps for Learning and Inquiry Science with Middle School Students. Eva will be giving away Getting Started with Inquiry Science.
- October 7 – Colleen Kessler from Raising Lifelong Learners . Author of the chapter Hands-on Science. Colleen will be giving away Science for Smart Kids: Electricity.
- October 8 – Sallie Borrink from SallieBorrink.com. Author of the chapters Allowing Play to be Your Child’s Preschool, Parenting a Spirited or Highly-Sensitive Child, and Parenting an Only Child. Sallie will be giving away a $25 shopping spree at Sallie Borrink Learning.
- October 9 – Karyn Tripp from Teach Beside Me. Author of the chapter Homeschooling with Games. Karyn will be giving away a printable Build a House – Math Bingo Game.
- October 10 – Selena Robinson from Look, We’re Learning. Author of the chapters Teaching Foreign Language, Active Learning Ideas for Kinesthetic Learners, Using Movies for Learning, How to Add PE to Your Homeschool Day, and Homeschooling Through the Summer. Selena will be giving away We Got Jazz.
- October 11 – Janine LaTulippe from True Aim Education. Author of the chapters How to Encourage Math Haters, How to Answer the Critics of Homeschooling, and Character Development. Janine will be giving away a Character eBook Set and a Free Character Building Activities printable.
- October 12 – Marci Goodwin from The Homeschool Scientist. Author of the chapter Nature Study. Marci will be giving away a field guide.
- October 13 – Jennifer Dunlap from Forever, For Always, No Matter What. Author of the chapters Homeschooling in a Large Family and Homeschooling through a Move. Jennifer will be giving away a couple of Florida learning resources.
- October 14 – Ticia Messing from Adventures in Mommydom. Author of the chapters Tools to Teach the Bible to Your Kids and Hands-on Learning. Ticia will be giving away an Old Testament Bible study.
- October 15 – Alicia Hutchinson from Investing Love. Author of the chapters Children’s Literature, Homeschool Conferences, and Unit Studies. Alicia will be giving away Mrs. Hutchinson’s Classroom Guide: Homeschool Basics.
- October 16 – Michelle Cannon from Heart of Michelle. Author of the chapters Transitioning from Elementary to Middle School, Homeschooling the Child with Bipolar Disorder, and Navigating from High School to College with a Dyslexic Child. Michelle will be giving away a one-hour homeschool consultation.
- October 17 – Jennifer Janes from Jennifer A. Janes. Author of the chapters Special Needs Homeschooling and 25 Ideas for Ministry and Volunteering in the Community with Kids.
- October 18 – Renee Brown from Great Peace Academy. Author of the chapters How to Find Resources for Gifted Child Homeschooling, How to Homeschool During Job Loss, and Prioritizing your Marriage While Homeschooling. Renee will be giving away a $25 Amazon card.
- October 19 – Adelien Tandian from Blessed Learners. Author of the chapters How to Start Research With Your Logic Stage Kids. Adelien will be giving away Basic Science Notebooking Pages and Graphic Organizers.
- October 20 – Heidi Ciravola from Starts at Eight. Author of the chapters Making Tweens and Teens More Independent Learners and High School Literature. Heidi will be giving away The Ultimate Homeschool Planner and The Ultimate Weekly Planner for Teens from Apologia.
- October 21 – Dianna Kennedy from The Kennedy Adventures. Author of the chapters Keeping Babies and Toddlers Occupied While Homeschooling, Managing Extra Curricular Activities and Homeschooling, and Homeschooling While Pregnant. Dianna will be giving away a $25 Amazon gift card.
- October 22 – LaToya Edwards from Learning to Let Him Lead. Author of the chapters Homeschooling Elementary Aged Boys, and Single Parent Homeschooling.
- October 23 – Carisa Hinson from 1+1+1=1. Author of the chapter Homeschooling Tots. Carisa will be giving away Animal ABCs Bundle.
- October 24 – Shannen Espelien from Middle Way Mom. Author of the chapters Getting Started with Credit-by-exam, Where to Buy and Sell Used Curriculum, and Transitioning to a Virtual School from Public School.
- October 25 – Marianne Sunderland from Adundant Life. Author of the chapters Homeschooling Teen Girls, The Power of Interest-led Learning, and Raising Kids With Vision. Marianne will be giving away a DVD/study guide bundle of Intrepid: The Zac Sunderland Story – Part 1, Part 2 and Wild Eyes: The Abby Sunderland Story.
- October 26 – Kyle Suzanne McVay from Aspired Living. Author of the chapter Classical Homeschooling. Kyle will be giving away A Home Educators Guide to Living Math.
- October 27 – Mama Jenn from Mama Jenn. Author of the chapter Homeschooling Twins. Jenn will be giving away an Education Cubes Set (membership AND cubes/photo blocks).
- October 28 – Amy Matkovich from A Journey of Purpose. Author of the chapters Making the First Day of Homeschool Special, and How to Make a Homeschool Budget and Stick to it. Amy will be giving away Dave Ramsey’s Total Money Makeover book and The Graduate’s Survival Guide (book and DVD).
- October 29 – Amy Maze from Living and Learning at Home. Author of the chapter Free eBooks and Audiobooks.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.